A fully functioning human resources department is essential to any business. Unfortunately, too many of them are not fully compliant with regulations and have inadequate policies on a host of issues. This can jeopardize the entire business with a single adverse legal judgment.
At Gottschlich & Portune, LLP, we offer practical consultation to human resources departments to neutralize problems before they start. If something is already amiss, we do everything we can to set things right. We have a long track record giving human resources advice in Dayton and throughout Ohio. We would be happy to put our skills to work for you, too.
Here are some of the areas in which we can help.
Wage And Hour Litigation Advice
We can provide detailed, protective information to both employers and employees on the intricate issues of wage and hour litigation, such as:
- Fair wage requirements
- Minimum wage laws
- Ohio pay day basics
- Fair Labor Standard Act concerns
When you understand the basics, you will have a clearer picture of how to minimize your risks and protect yourself or your business.
OSHA Citation And Compliance Counseling
Every employer has responsibilities dictated by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), which you must follow meticulously. Our attorneys can:
- Explain the relevant OSHA standards for your industry
- Advise on potential hazards in advance of an inspection
- Represent your business in any litigation
- Suggest systems for medical record keeping
- Recommend communication and employee training specific to your business
- Assist with posting the required OSHA safety information
By maintaining OSHA compliance, you will minimize legal risk and ensure safety in your workplace.
Union Negotiation And Labor Arbitration
Union relations are a delicate balance for any employer. We can:
- Develop a careful, thorough strategy if a union is in the process of forming
- Represent your business during the collective bargaining process
- Help you maintain good relations with union leadership
- Develop a strike contingency plan
Businesses expose themselves to serious lawsuits if they do not respond appropriately to discrimination allegations. We can help human resources departments mitigate this risk by:
- Developing documentation standards
- Adopting official policies around processing complaints
- Training interviewers on proper technique and things to avoid
- Reviewing procedures for employee termination
Trade Secret Protection
Protecting your trade secrets is of utmost importance in the competitive business landscape, which many businesses choose to accomplish through nondisclosure agreements. However, overly broad NDAs are frequently overturned in court. We can help you craft agreements that are both enforceable and restrictive enough to protect your interests.
Let Us Strengthen Your HR Department
A strong human resources department has lasting benefits, both for employers and employees. To find out more about how we can help you, please contact us. Our lawyers are available by email, or else by phone at our Dayton office: 937-913-0200.