The employment law attorneys at Gottschlich & Portune, LLP, of Dayton, represent employers in claims made by employment applicants and current and former employees.
While many claims made by employees are legitimate, many others are not. They may be trivial in nature, not based on fact, or they may be malicious actions by people who are angry or just seeking to cash in. All these cases are important to a business, because they affect the organization’s reputation and its ability to focus on business operations.
Effective Representation For Employers
Our attorneys represent employers in courtroom litigation or in administrative hearings. Some of the situations we frequently encounter include:
- Allegations of discrimination
- Retaliation (including retaliation of whistleblowers)
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour violations
- Breaches of fiduciary duty under ERISA
- Noncompete and nondisclosure agreement breaches
If litigation is unavoidable, we will provide effective, personalized attention that focuses exactly on what you need to protect your business interests.
Business Consultation For Employer Concerns
Litigation is not the only service we offer employers. We also consult on a host of matters to keep businesses in compliance with the law and to avoid lawsuits. We prepare and review:
- Policies and procedures statements
- Employee handbooks and manuals
- Performance evaluation materials
- Job offers and employment agreements
- Negotiating and drafting noncompetition and other agreements
- Advising on intellectual property and trade secret protection
We also advise on labor law compliance issues that arise in your business.
Let Us Help Your Business Succeed
You have worked hard to build your business, and we will work hard to help you protect it. To discuss claims made by an employee, or for a review of your employment materials, talk to the employment law lawyers at Gottschlich & Portune, LLP, at 937-802-2397 — or describe the situation using this form.