Attorneys who refer matters to us at Gottschlich & Portune are valued representatives of the clients we jointly serve.
When requested and where appropriate, we serve as local counsel in the state and federal courts and before administrative agencies.
We consider ourselves as adjuncts to the referring attorney and pledge to respect and preserve relationships between the referring attorney and client, even when we are delegated sole responsibility for matters referred. We have experience and are comfortable in handling aspects or entire matters with local nexus. We do not accept repeat business from referred clients except through or with the knowledge of the referring attorney.
When authorized by law, we share fees with referring attorneys as well.
We routinely accept referrals of the following types from attorneys within and outside the state of Ohio and internationally. If you need assistance in any of these area, please contact us.
Business and real estate:
- Incorporations and entity creation and registration
- Loan documentation
- Contracts, deeds and mortgages
- Zoning and land use
- Personal injury, medical malpractice
- Commercial litigation in state and federal courts
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial collections
- Real estate litigation of all types
- Noncompete — employer or employee
- Franchise — for franchisee or franchisor
- Labor and employment, including NLRA, Title VII and ADEA, FMLA,
- Insurance coverage
- Securities: broker-dealer, RIA, arbitrations, including ancillary or preclusive injunctions
- Arbitrations: AAA, NYSE, NASD, labor, public sector
- Estate administration
- Will contests
- Fiduciary litigation — breach of fiduciary duty by holders of powers of attorney, trustees, guardians and executors